Thursday, February 9, 2012

Working on the night shift

After taking the 6-hour bus ride from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur, then a flight to Delhi and a cab ride to Noida, we arrived at the hotel at 7:30pm.  I was supposed to be at work at that time, so I had to do a quick change and get over to the office as soon as I could.  I was for sure after only sleeping about 4.5 hours in total from the previous day that I wouldn't be able to make it through; however, all went well and I only glassed over for literally a minute or two. 

It was really cool seeing our RPO in action.  There are nearly 135 recruiters on the floor so you can only imagine the buzz once everyone's phones start humming.  I spent a lot of time with the training team and they really seem to have it together.  They even invited me out to the chai wallah with them for some early morning tea at 2am in the morning.  Yum!

Anyway, after 3 full nights of working (the first night was 10.5 hours and the other two were 12 hours each) and meeting with as many teams as possible (background check, training, HR, various client teams), I made it through the Delhi leg of the work trip.  Staci and I are going to do some sightseeing today and then hop a train early morning to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort.  Should be amazing.  Write more then. 

No comments: